May 21 Weekend - Victoria Day
- Join us for the first big camping weekend of the year. After a long winter, it is time to get outside and enjoy those campfires and s'mores. So, come on out and say hello to all the familiar faces from last year, and meet some new friends this year.
June 18 Weekend - Father's Day
- Give dad exactly what he wants for Father's Day this year, quality time with the family in the great outdoors. Create a special craft especially for dad, and enjoy a weekend of family fun.
July 3 Weekend - Canada Day
- One of our most requested weekends of the year. Come out and join in on all the activities, events, fun, and games. There will be a live band, fireworks, and our annual bike and pet parade (bring your decorations to be the most Canadian bike in the convoy).
July 9 Weekend - Flashlight Candy Hunt
- Join us after dark, and enjoy the light show, as the kids race through the night towards a sweet treat . So make sure you have that flashlight, and some fast legs. There will be a coloring contest throughout the day with prizes as well.
July 16 Weekend - Glow Parade, Nerf War
- After the sun goes down, bring out those glow sticks for the glow in the dark parade! This really is a magical sight. Do not forget your nerf gun and some safety glasses for our outside playground nerf war. This will be one epic free for all battle.
July 23 Weekend - Christmas
- Join South Mountain Park and Santa for a holly jolly weekend. There will be prizes for best decorated trailers, so do not forget your tinsel and lights. Children can also make a beautiful ornament keepsake to take home. Just a reminder as this is not actually Christmas please no Christmas gifts as the elves are still hard at work preparing for December.
August 1 Weekend - Water Fight
- Come splash with us, and take part in our first ever campground wide water fight! We ask that you do not use water balloons due to Covid. Come douse your friends and family. We have lots of fun and games this weekend for the adults as well. Join in on the poker walk and the adult Washer Toss Tournament. Try your luck at our first fishing derby, prize for the longest fish (Apply for a General Fishing Licence (sportfishing) - Government of Nova Scotia) here is a link to apply for licensing
August 7 Weekend - Magic Show
- Mister J will be at the campground this weekend to perform mind boggling feats of magic. He will daze and amaze one and all.
August 14 Weekend - Kids Field Day
- Bring your family down for an action-packed weekend of field games. All that exercise is sure to work up an appetite, join us afterwards for complimentary hot dogs and juice for all.
August 21 Weekend - Corn Boil
- Hungry for corn? Join us for complimentary hot dogs and corn, no need to make dinner tonight. Then shop the local farmer's markets and roadside stands for the freshest produce in the valley. Adult Bingo is always a hit make sure to check your events list to play.
August 28 Weekend - Halloween
- Bring your little ghosts and goblins to South Mountain for our Spooktacular weekend. Decorate your site with spooky favorites, and take the kids out trick or treating. Make sure to bring a few treats to give out at your site if you would like to participate. If you are brave enough there is a haunted walk through the woods after dark (this experience is not recommended for young children). We look forward to seeing you for a frightfully good time.
September 4 Weekend - Labour Day
- The last big weekend of summer, make sure it does not pass you by without a bang. Enjoy a spectacular fireworks show. Enjoy a silent auction, one of South Mountains most popular events. Bring a couple extra dollars and bid on some great items. Then challenge fellow campers in the annual children and adult washer toss tournaments. This is one of the biggest camping weekends of the year, and we know how to celebrate it right!
October 11 Weekend - Thanksgiving
- Come celebrate with us as we enjoy the beautiful colors of fall. This is the last weekend of the season, and what better way to celebrate than with your family and friends. The smell of cooked turkey and laughter fills the air. Join us for complementary hot chocolate as we set off on the amazing South Mountain Park wagon ride.
Karaoke and adult bingo will be held throughout the summer check the information board at the store to find out when.